The City University of New York is proud to offer an exciting fall internship in New York City for selected students. The Program will be coordinated by the Edward T. Rogowsky Internship Program in Government & Public Affairs and designated officers at each of The City University’s colleges. The CUNY Women’s Public Service Internship Program will provide highly qualified individuals the opportunity to learn by doing in the offices of selected legislators working to benefit women and promote women’s issues in New York.
Applications and Deadlines
Applications are available from your Campus Faculty Coordinator or Student Affairs Office or may be downloaded in PDF format here. Applications and supporting materials must be submitted by July 11.
The Program is open to any student who has completed 30 credits by the fall 2014 term. Any major may apply, but students who wish to be considered should demonstrate an interest in women’s issues and policies in New York. Applicants must carry a 3.0 GPA and must submit two confidential faculty recommendation forms along with their applications. CUNY will award $ 2,000 to each student.
Academic Component and College Credit
Selected participants will be eligible to earn academic credit by enrolling in a seminar and internship course on their college campus.
Interns will be expected to serve 10 to 15 hours per week for the duration of the fall semester. Placement will be in the local offices of female legislators at the city, state and national levels. For more information, contact your Campus Faculty Coordinator or designated college officer.
- Students intern 10-15 hours per week.
- Students will receive $2,000.
- Applicants must have completed at least 30 credits, carry a 3.0 GPA and must submit two confidential faculty recommendations.
- Students seeking academic credit must attend a weekly seminar at their college.
- Deadline is July 11, 2017 for fall 2017 participation.
- All majors may apply (Please see your Campus Faculty Coordinator).